Friday, February 4, 2011

Dispatch test

So, the letter I got said to go to Town Hall yesterday (Feb. 3) at 9am, and go to the Council Chambers. When I got there, the door marked Council Chambers was open, but the room was dark and empty. I was also 10 minutes early, and figured had been the first to arrive. So I sat right outside and waited for others to show up. Soon, an older woman came up to me and asked if I was there for the dispatch test. I said yes, and she pointed to yet another door, further down than the one I was already sitting by, marked Council Chambers. I had gone to wrong door. Great. Sure enough, in the second Chambers room, there were about 7 other people listening to a woman at the front of the room. I signed in and quickly took a seat, explaining that I hadn't realized there were two freaking doors marked Council Chambers. But, I was there, and only like one minute late. And so the test began.
There were 11 tests in total. The first few were relatively easy, mostly just common sense, "pick the correct sentence" kinda stuff. Then, the harder stuff began. There was one test where, there was numbers 1-60, and next to every number, was a set of 4 codes (a mixture of random letters and numbers). The woman on the CD (which by the way kept skipping), would start rattling off codes, and our job was to try to recognize the one she had said and match it to one of the four codes on our sheet. All was going smoothly, until the woman starting saying the codes so freaking fast, as if someone had pushed fast forward. It. Was. Impossible. There was no way anybody could understand her once she got going fast. But, that's what the test was testing. I'm guessing I didn't do too well on that one. Hehe.
Overall, it was a pretty intense and stressful 3 hours (yes, 3 whole hours of pure stress and adrenaline). We will get a letter in the mail next week sometime saying we either passed and go onto the interview, or we didn't score high enough.
I honestly don't know which letter I'll be recieving. I feel like I did ok, but I really don't know. There was nothing to compare it too, since that was my first time.
So, the waiting game begins. If I didn't pass, I'm tryin' again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds crazy! I'm rooting for you though!

    ReplyDelete