Monday, February 28, 2011

Beyond Blessed, and Very Fickle

I got my results letter from the Police Department, and *drum roll please*. . . . .I didn't pass. Big suprise, I honestly wasn't expecting to. I'm a little glad I didn't pass, because now that I've had the tiniest glimpse of what the job would entail; I don't know if I could handle it. Well, scratch that. I probably could handle it, its that I don't want to hadle it. So as far as trying to take the test again, I don't know if I will.
My new idea (relax, this too will probably change next week), is like a vet tech or something. There is an ROP class for animal and vetrinary careers that I just might take. Who knows, if nothing else, it will be fun and I'll have learned something. As you've probably guess, I am a very fickle person. I'm all for an idea for about 2 weeks; then ka-putz, outta my brain. I joke with Jake that he is the longest thing I've ever help an interest in. But hey, at least I'm interested in a lot of things, and I try.
Ok, now get your barf buckets ready cuz I'm about to get all mushy.
I love my boyfriend. With everything I have in me. I can't quite believe that we will hit 5 wonderful years together later on in July. That blows my mind. He has changed my life in so many ways, and helped create my future. I remember back, to the first few weeks of us dating. I was so shy about kissing him; I stayed away from his lips for 2 whole weeks, panicked that it would be as horrible as my first ever kiss with another guy just months before. But alas, when he did finally kiss me, it was purely, simply, wonderful. No fireworks went off, and I didn't see any stars. But I didn't have to, cuz what I did see, was the start of a relationship with a very gentle and amazing man. Oh, how right I was. Weeks, turned into months, and months dissolved into years. Now, more than four and a half years later; I can truly say that I made the best decision of my life, when I called Jake up and asked him out (yes, close your mouth, I asked him out.)
Now, as I write this, my sweet man is getting some well deserved shut-eye, after working a grueling near 36-hour shift. He's a Foreman for Utility Tree Service, and therefore, has been so busy with the snow storm we had. Not a day goes by, where I'll hear a slow, sweet song, and I'll get lost in my own wonderful thoughts of our future wedding day. My fantasy never gets past me being walked down the isle and into Jake's arms, cuz that's all that's gonna be important to me at the real wedding. Seeing my handsome man in a tux, waiting for his (beautiful, if I don't say so myself) bride.
He is such a genuinely wonderfuly person, inside and out. And, damn, he's handsome! He has been so incredibly good to me. I hope I bring him as much happiness as he brings me, each and every day. He really and truly is my hero. I can't wait til our wedding day, where I will finally and happily become Mrs. Katie Brownlee.

2 comments:

  1. You are such an awesome person, Katie. I am so glad I have gotten to know you better in the last few years. When I think back to high school, I hardly knew you at all. And now I get to experience things like this that just make me so inspired.

    I'm glad you try a lot of things. It's wonderful to have all these life experiences even if they don't lead to a dream job. I think vet tech would be really cool and you'd be so good withe animals but also with the owners of the pets! Keep writing, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks, Patty! I appreciate your kind words! I am just as eager (if not more so) to read your blogs. Waiting anxiously to see if you've written a new one. You too are like a different person than the one I knew of in high school. We have grown and matured (some days, haha), and you are, as well, such a wonderful and talented person!

    ReplyDelete